While walking towards Guesdian, a large blue house, known as Bridgemount House, can be seen over a tall wall. Bridgemount House was the home of the Acton family during the 19th century and the seat of G.H. Acton in 1894.
During the time of the great famine, which began in 1854, there was an effort made on behalf of some landlords and other more wealthy residents to help the locals who were struggling for means of income. One of these efforts was to hire a few local people to collect stones from the surrounding fields and build walls around their estates. These walls are now referred to as Famine Walls, one of which can be seen while passing Bridgemount House on the way to Guesdian Graveyard.